Anna Bhau Sathe could not attend school education, but he wrote 35 novels in Marathi. Among these "Fakira" is his masterpiece published in 1959. Besides novels he wrote short stories, a play, a travelogue on Russia, twelve screenplay and ballads. He wrote directly from his own experience in life, and his novels celebrate the fighting spirit in their characters who work against all odds in life.
Anna Bhau Sathe was played a vital role in the Samyukta Maharashtra movement. He used the medium of Powada to great effect in that movement.
Anna Bhau Sathe decided to bring awareness among the masses against Brahmanism which imposed untouchability and virtually compelled the deprived lot to take recourse to criminal and military occupation against the British Government which imposed the criminal tribes Act and subjected his community to harassment and against the forces of feudalism and capitalism which exploited his community and made life unbearable. He used his art and poetic genius in educating the masses.
Anna Bhau Sathe study center established in 2008 at Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad.
To provide vision of Anna Bhau Sathe to deprived and unsecured people, the center play major role with help of university. The following are the main vision of mine as a director of this center.
- Implementations of various programmes to provide vision of Lokshahir Anna bhau Sathe at national and international level.
- To publish literature of Lokshahir Anna Bhau Sathe at National and international level in various language.
- To publish the unpublished literature of Lokshahir Anna Bhau Sathe.
- To implement various programms for provides vision of Lokshahir Anna Bhau Sathe to common people.
- To provide action programme for deprived people through university study center.
- To arrange essay writing competition at university and high school level to provide views and literature of Anna Bhau Sathe to society.
- To organize Youth Leadership and national programme for student through adhyasan Kendra.
- To organized Refresher and orientation programme through study center.
Eminent Scholars work as a Director of this center
||Name of Director
||Dr. Dilip Sopan Arjune
||Professor B.S. Waghmare
||Dr. Sanjay M. Sambhalkar
||Nov 2017 to Sep 2019
||Dr. Digambar M. Netke
||Sep 2019 to till date
- ‘Globalization and social justice question’ National debate organized in 2013, Dr. Bharat Patankar (Social Activist) and Dr. Krushna Bhoge (former Divisional Commissioner, Aurangabad.) delivered their speech on this view.
- ‘A role of Anna Bhau Sathe literature’ on this issue a special speech organized in August 2014. Prof. Sushma Andhare (Social Worker) delivered their speech on this issue and Dr. Vijay Pandharipande, Vice-Chancellor was chairperson of this programme.
- On the occasion of Anna Bhau Sathe birth anniversary, 2016 a special speech delivered by Dr. Pralhad Lulekar, Dr. Rushikesh Kamble and Dr. Avhad delivered their speech.
- On the occasion of Anna Bhau Sathe birth anniversary 2017 a special speech delivered by Sau. Dhamma Sangini and Principal Kamlakar Kamble.
- On the occasion of Anna Bhau Sathe death anniversary July 2018 a special speech was organixed on "Sociality of Anna Bhau Sathe's Literature" Dr. Ravindra Gole (editor of news paper, Mumbai) was resource person.
- “Views of Anna Bhau Sathe and present situation” on this issue special speech delivered by famous speaker Pradip Solunke (Aurangabad).
Plan of Activities
- Anna Bhau Sathe study center will conducts conference, seminars & symposia in year on various social issues.
- Anna Bhau Sathe study center will conduct lecture series on social issue.
- Field work and action programmes will be on some identified themes.
- Anna Bhau Sathe Study Center will develop linkage between grassroots level workers & national level scholars.
- Anna Bhau Sathe Study Center will provide Anna Bhau Sathe Research fellowship.
Annabhau Sathe Fellowship to Research Students
||Minakshi Punamchand Kuril
||M. Phil (History)
||Madhav Chandu Waghmare
||M. Phil (Political Sci.)
(View Photo Gallery)
Dr. Digambar M. Netke
Director, Anna Bhau Sathe Study Center
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad.
Contact No. 9421757387