Mahatma Phule was a prominent activist, thinker and social reformer from the Indian state of Maharashtra during the 19th century. During his time, he tried bringing in positive renovations in the spheres of education, agriculture, caste system, social position of women. Jyotirao Govindrao Phule, who was a prominent activist, thinker and social reformer from the Indian state of Maharashtra during the 19th century, was also famous by the name of Mahatma Jyotiba Phule. During his time, he tried bringing in positive renovations in the spheres of education, agriculture, caste system, social position of women. Out of everything that Phule ever did, he's most remembered for his selfless service to educate women and lower caste people.
About the Centre
About the Center
- Mahatma Phule Pratishthan is the first study center established in this University.
- The center was started with University funding in 12th April 1989.
- 30th August 1989 the constitution of this Pratishthan was sanctioned.
- Principle P. B. Sawant was first chairman of this center .
|Sr. No. ||Name of the Director ||Designation |
|1 ||Dr. Smita Awachar ||Director |
Since then following eminent scholars work as Director of this center :
|Sr. No. ||Name of the Director ||Year |
|1 ||Mr. Sukhrame Hevrale ||1992 to 1995 |
|2 ||Dr. Gagadhir Pantavne ||1995 to 1998 |
|3 ||Prof. B. H. Kalyankar ||1998 to 2008 |
|4 ||Dr. S. H. Behere ||2008 to 2010 |
|5 ||Dr. Smita Awachar ||December 2010 to till date | Aims & Objectives
Aims & Objectives
The unit will be Research and Extension Institute devoted to research, Thought and literature of Mahatma Phule and progressive movement allied with his work his in Maharashtra and reference to India will define the field of inquiry.
The unit will strive to enlighten, uplift, encourage the depressed the unprivileged the socially and economically backward toiling rural masses the teeming man & woman. It will aim at providing opportunities for socio – cultural emancipation to ensure social and political understanding of the masses, particularly those living in rural areas.
The unit will work for secularism, democracy socialism. It will try to collect original papers and document’s publish in the 100 year’s or by the progressive movement’s such as the "SATYASHODHAK" in order to acquaint society, with the true nature of such tasks as the Governing council of the Pratishthan will propose in accordance with the aims and objects of Pratishthan.
The activity of the Pratishthan will cover the rural area of Marathwada and will be a continuous activity at different centre's in the rural area by way of "EARN AND LEARN SCHEME" and "EXTRA – MURAL ACTIVITIES ETC."
This unit will publish periodicals, Journals, Booklets and small pamphlets on thoughts of Mahatma Phule and progressive movement in Maharashtra and in India.
Plan of Activities
Plan of Activities
- Mahatma Phule Center will conduct conferences, seminars & symposia in year on various social issues.
- Mahatma Phule Center will conduct lecturer series on social issues .
- Field work and action programmes on some identified themes.
- Orientation & training programs for up liftman of excluded.
- Will conduct action - oriented research.
- The center will develop linkage between grassroots level workers & national level scholars.
Dr. Smita Awchar
Director, Mahatma PhulePratishthan
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University, Aurangabad.
Phone Number : 0240-24003342