The University has started M.Sc. (Information Technology) from the academicyear 2000-01 in the department on non-grant basis .The department has shifted to the new building in 2001 with an area of 1080 sqm. The department has taken off well with the latest facilities and laboratories in the filed of Computer Science & Information Technology.
The name of the department has changed to Department of Computer Science and Information Technology in June, 2001. The Department is not only working academically but also performing many Co-Curricular activities.