Phone No. :9923190658
Qualification:B.E, ME (CSE) Ph.D
Website Resume View Profile
(1) The Director of Innovation, Incubation and Linkages shall be a full time salaried officer who shall be responsible for creation and cultivation of an enabling environment to propagate the concept of innovation, for converting innovative ideas into working models through a process of incubation which shall finally lead to creation of an enterprise and to cultivate, establish, maintain and strengthen the link of the university with premier national and international universities and institutions. He shall work directly under the superintendence, direction and control of the Vice-Chancellor.
(2) The qualifications and experience for the purpose of selection of the Director of the Innovation, Incubation and Linkages shall be as may be specified by the State Government, by an Order published in the Official Gazette.
(3) The Appointment of Director of Innovation, Incubation and Linkages shall be made by the Vice-Chancellor on the recommendation of the selection committee constituted for the purpose under this Act.
(4) The Appointment of the Director of Innovation, Incubation and Linkages shall be for a term of five years or the age of superannuation, whichever is earlier, and he shall be eligible for re-appointment by selection on the recommendation of a selection committee constituted for the purpose, for only one more term of five years in the university in which he is serving.
(5) The Director of Innovation, Incubation and Linkages shall,—
(a) be the principal officer who shall lead and provide vision to the Centre for Innovation, Incubation and Enterprise with his dynamism and enterprise;
(b) spearhead the awareness and training programmes for imparting education on intellectual property rights and aspects associated therewith;
(c) organize training programmes for creating awareness on the importance of entrepreneurship;
(d) organize and create support system for cultivation and incubation of good ideas into a scalable mode that would eventually culminate into the establishment of small, medium and large industry;
(e) work towards creating a liaison with national and international bodies and agencies involved in creating and developing entrepreneurial skills in students;
(f) take all steps to facilitate colleges to establish linkages with knowledge based and other types of industries;
(g) conduct training programmes to guide the young entrepreneurs in operational aspects, legal aspects, intellectual property rights, patent related issues, business model creation and financial aspects;
(h) implement the policies and strategies for promotion of international linkages with premier national and international universities and institutions, as envisaged by the Board of National and International Linkages and the university authorities;
(i) process applications for visits of teachers and students from university departments, institutions, conducted colleges, colleges and recognized institutions to national and international universities or institutions and assist them on logistic support for such visits;
(j) oversee and monitor administration of Foreign Students' Assistance Cell which gives facility of a Single Window Operation to the foreign students;
(k) process the applications received from foreign students for their visits to other parts of India;
(l) supervise the working of the Migrant Indian Students' Cell established for providing Single Window Operation for students coming from other parts of the country;
(m) undertake any other task that may be assigned to him by the university authorities, to ensure that the objectives of the Board for Innovation, Incubation and Enterprise and Board of National and International Linkages are accomplished;
(n) exercise such other powers and perform such other duties, as prescribed by or under this Act or assigned to him by the Vice-Chancellor and Pro-Vice- Chancellor, from time to time.