Dr. Rajesh Ragde
Director of Examination & Evaluation
Phone No. :(office) (0240)-2403178
Fax No. :(0240)-2403199
e-mail :-email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Board of Examinations and Evaluation.
The Director, Board of Examinations and Evaluation shall be a full time salaried officer and shall work directly under the directions and control of the Vice- Chancellor. He shall discharge his functions under the superintendence, direction and guidance of the Board of Examinations and Evaluation, and shall be concerned with the implementation of the policies and directives given by the Board of Exami- nations.
- The qualifications and experience for the purpose of selection of the Director, Board of Examinations and Evaluation shall be as may be specified by the State Government, by an order published.
- The Director, Board of Examinations and Evaluation shall be appointed by the Vice- Chancellor on the recommendation of the selection committee constituted for the purpose under this Act:
Provided that, in appointing the Director, Board of Examinations and Evaluation preference shall be given to the persons with proven capacity of use of technology in delivery of education.
- Appointment of the Director, Board of Examinations and Evaluation shall be for a term of five years or till he attains the age of superannuation, whichever is earlier and he shall be eligible for re-appointment by selection on the recommendation of a selection committee constituted for the purpose, for only one more term of five years in the university in which he is
- The Director, Board of Examinations and Evaluation shall,—
- be the principal officer-in-charge of the conduct of university examinations, tests and evaluation, and declaration of their results;
- be the Member-Secretary of the Board of Examinations and Evaluation and of the committees appointed by the Board except the committees constituted for appointment of paper-setters, examiners and moderators.
- be responsible for making all arrangements necessary for holding examina- tions, tests and evaluation, and for timely declaration of results;
- evolve and implement in consultation with the Board of Examinations and Evaluation, processes for proper and smooth conduct of examinations and evaluation;
- prepare and announce in advance the programme of examinations, after seeking approval of the Board of Examinations and Evaluation;
- arrange for printing of question papers;
- postpone or cancel examinations, in part or in whole, in the event of malpractices or if the circumstances so warrant, and take disciplinary action or initiate any civil or criminal proceedings against any person or a group of persons or a college or an institution alleged to have committed malpractices, in consulta- tion with the Vice-Chancellor;
- take disciplinary action where necessary against the candidates, paper setters, examiners, moderators, or any other persons connected with examina- tions and evaluation, found guilty of malpractices in relation to the examinations and evaluation;
- review, from time to time, the results of university examinations and evaluation, and forward reports thereon to the Board of Examinations and Evaluation;
- strive to declare the results of every examination and evaluation conducted by the University within thirty days from the last date of the examination for that particular course and shall in any case declare the results latest within forty-five days as provided in section 89 and in case of delay, prepare a detailed report outlining the reasons;
- take all steps for implementation of all academic and administrative decisions taken by the Board of Examinations and Evaluation;
- implement decisions taken by the various university authorities, connected with the examination and evaluation process;
- implement all policy and operative decisions with reference to the choice based credit system, both at the under-graduate, post-graduate levels and in other teaching programmes;
- organize workshops for teachers in the subjects concerned, in order to acquaint them with new trends in the assessment processes, such as cognitive and summative assessment, creation and use of repository of questions, use of technology in paper setting and conduct of examinations, tests and evaluation ;
- ensure innovative and effective use of information and communication technology in the entire process of the conduct of examinations and evaluation;
- arrange for proper assessment of performance of candidates at the exami- nations and process the results;
- ensure that answer books for all degree examinations are assessed through the central assessment system;
- ensure that every teacher and non-teaching employee in the university, affiliated or conducted college or recognized institution renders necessary assis- tance and service in respect of examinations of the university and in evaluation process;
- carry out all other duties and functions assigned to him by the Board of Examinations and Evaluation;
- undertake any other task assigned to him by the university authorities to carry out the objectives of the Board of Examinations and Evaluation, and to ensure that the objects of the university are accomplished;
- exercise such other powers and perform such other duties as prescribed by or under this Act or assigned to him by the Vice-Chancellor and Pro-Vice- Chancellor, from time to time