About Research at BAMU
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University (BAMU) is committed to the pursuit of excellence in research and aiming to spread the national education policy across all the disciplines (Science and Technology, Social Sciences & Humanities, Commerce and Management and Interdisciplinary Studies) and lead across the spectrum of science and technology, humanities and social responsibilities. Our commitment in the area of interdisciplinary research and academic activities is reflected in the sustenance of both applied research and basic research which may yield a long-term impact. BAMU ensures that all the core and inter disciplines flourish in research by adopting the highest norms and standards of a scholarly undertaking. This document provides detailed elaboration of research policy and promotional activity of Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Marathwada University (BAMU).
This document outlines the principles that should be taken into account while planning and conducting research. The principles that should be followed strictly while recording, reporting and applying the results produced are emphasised. The University believes that research, consultancy, and extension activities are integral part of the academic programme and promotion of research has been synthesized in its academics.
Our core strategies are to tackle the challenges of 21st century in areas that are vital to the technological advances, human health, and environment through our dedicated efforts in core and multi-disciplinary research. This University has made persistent efforts to align its research focus with the national importance of achieving technological self-reliance in all thrust areas identified by the University.
Our specific objectives are to -
- Provide proactive research culture and state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Create the culture for inter-departmental and inter-university collaborations for inter – disciplinary/multi-disciplinary research
- Publish research papers in high-quality journals of national and international repute, file patents and transfer technologies to relevant industries
- Create and promote quality human resources ( UG and PG students, research scholars and faculty members) for scientific research
- Promote academic and industrial collaborations involving active and mutually beneficial R&D projects
- Raise the standards of the University to stand among the premium Universities across the globe
- Promote globalization of research and education to increase the academic and research horizon of the University