Functions of R & D Cell
The Research and Development Cell would provide environment wherein creation and dissemination of knowledge, innovation and technology development for societal and industrial needs would be achieved by researchers through knowledge and skills, good governance and extensive financial support.
The details of the functions of Research and Development Cell of the university are as follows:
- To prepare annual research plan, implement and monitor the research activities of the university departments.
- To develop networking and collaborative research of university departments with national and or international institutes.
- To formulate the rules and regulations related to policy framework for utilization of facilities and resources of university departments.
- To formulate rules and regulations related to facilitate exchange of students, faculty and scholars of the university departments.
- To develop research information management system of the university departments and to facilitate the access of the same to others.
- To promote high priority areas of the nation through research mandate.
- To support in development of research proposals from the university teachers for the external funding.
- To develop clusters of university department researchers working in the high value inter- and trans-disciplinary research areas and to promote national and international funding.
- To promote quality publications and patents of the researchers of the university departments through incentives and prizes.
- To support technology development and business centred facility of the university departments.
- To mobilize the resources of the university departments and to develop corpus/seed funds from various funding agencies.
- To identify, channelize and promote investors for the research and development activities of the university departments.
- To monitor and maintain the integrity and ethics of the research activities of the university departments.
- To build the research capacity of the faculty members and students of the university departments through various activities and the events related to research.
- To set up Industry Advisory Board (IAB) for managing industrial collaboration and agreements and further leveraging on consultancy work.
- To establish liaison with near and far industry and identify the technological challenges being faced by them. Strengthen industry institute interaction through MoUs for long term relationships with national and international research organizations for widening the scope of research options and funding opportunities for faculty and students.
- Take up appropriate problems of the industry for finding solutions through R&D projects assigned to faculty and students.
- To initiate and promote MoU with industries and R&D organizations for consultancy, collaborative research, sponsored projects, industry and Institute interactions etc.
- To depute senior faculty to various research organizations for getting collaborative projects and adopting best practices.
- To arrange brainstorming sessions through talks by eminent personalities from industry, R& D organizations and institutions of repute for the better understanding of research methodology and practices currently followed.
- To keep everyone informed about announcements by various funding agencies like DST, DAE, DRDO, ISRO, CSIR, AICTE, UGC and University etc.
- To enlighten the state-of-art technologies to scholars through special lectures on contemporary research topics by renowned experts in key areas.
- Facilitating timely auditing and submission of utilization certificate.
- To obtain information once in three months in the prescribed format on faculty involvement on guiding students, paper publications, research projects from external funding agencies and involving in collaborative research activity.
- To organizing conferences, workshops, seminars, training program, Avishkar, Science day and other research oriented events.